STC Biosolids Dryer for Wastewater Sludge Treatment
The SUEZ STC Biosolids Dryer is a fully-tested, factory-assembled modular sludge dryer system. The easy to user start and stop system can easily adjust to meet the growing needs of expanding wastewater treatment. Each module can run independently, and all parts are easy to access, thus maintenance can be performed without interrupting the biosolids treatment process.
Biosolids Wastewater Treatment Process
Our STC unit is a safe sludge drying solution that uses a hot water circuit, eliminating the risks inherent to thermal oil and high-pressure systems. Wastewater biosolids enter the dryer through a collection hopper and are distributed homogeneously onto the sludge dryer belt. The belt then moves the biosolids inside a closed air loop where the moisture is condensed to extract the water. After drying, the final EPA 503 Class AEQ product can be easily transported with a guarantee of 90% dried solids content.
Our STC Biosolids Dryer is a reliable and energy efficient system. The sludge dryer belt is covered throughout the entire process which minimizes noise and prevents dust and obstructions; no special control is required for odor or emissions. An extruder facilitates air flow and heat transfer inside the tunnel to maximize energy efficiency. Plus, the system can reuse any waste heat, allowing the dryer to work with a hot water circuit at 195° F (90°C).
Sludge Dryer Benefits
The benefits of the STC Biosolids Dryer’s construction design cannot be overstated. Many other biosolids treatment processes generate dust that can affect the pulmonary health of plant workers and create nuisance odors for neighbors in the local community. Likewise, steps must be taken to avoid problems during storage and transport of the biosolids. Moreover, dust generated during the drying process can create an explosion hazard if that process is lacking. STC Biosolids Dryer’s enclosed design and use of low-temperature drying eliminates those hazards.
Value of STC Biosolids Dryer
- Optimizes value with a highly marketable EPA 503 Class AEQ product with 90% dry solids content
- Maximizes safety with a low temperature, hot water circuit sludge drying process; zero risk of explosion or fire
- Optimizes operations with a factory assembled, modular sludge dryer system easy to install and maintain
- Maximize energy efficiency; the STC Biosolids Dryer system can reuse any waste heat
- Reduce environmental impact; fully enclosed sludge dryer belt unit ensures dust-free process, minimizes emissions, odors and noise
Contact a representative to learn more about the STC Biosolids Dryer Unit