Potable Water Tank Condition Assessment, Inspection and Cleaning
Water Tank Inspection Services
Proper preventative maintenance saves tank owners from extensive and expensive tank repairs. Ongoing water tower inspections, monitoring and maintenance ensure your storage tank continues to meet all applicable regulations. A well-maintained water storage tank can have a useful life exceeding 100 years and speaks volumes about your organization and its commitment to safety and cleanliness.
Annual visual water tank inspections, regular cleanings/disinfections and timely repairs extend the life of your tank and eliminate the need for emergency repair funds, supporting GASB 34 compliance. SUEZ’ experienced crews perform thousands of tank condition assessments every year and provide, after each inspection, a detailed report on the tank safety, sanitation, structure, security and coatings conditions so no potential water tank maintenance issue is overlooked.
Municipal Water Tank Cleaning
Our water tower cleaning services also include periodically draining, cleaning and recoating the inside of municipal tanks to maintain a high level of water quality by eliminating mineral buildup and biofilm growth. We provide bypass solutions for tanks which cannot be emptied without compromising system pressure or disrupting water supply.
Here's how we do it:
- SUEZ experts can scientifically quantify the causes of inorganic and organic deposits on the interior surfaces of potable water storage tanks through surface testing and recommend a targeted remediation solution, while providing trained field staff to deliver each specific water tower interior cleaning service.
- Once the water storage tank is completely drained, the interior floor and walls are cleaned using a pressure washer and chemical cleaning agent to remove all mud, inorganic deposits, biofilm, sediment, silt, and staining.
- The interior coating of the water tower is then evaluated for appearance, adhesion, coating condition, dry film thickness, protective qualities, and percentage of deterioration. If necessary, the interior of the tank is primed and a protective finish coat is applied at a high-film buildup to provide superior corrosion resistance and toughness properties. NACE-certified field personnel will verify the blasting, priming and finish coat applications at critical phases to ensure our municipal water tank cleaning process is compliant with specifications and delivers quality results.
All protective coatings are compliant with AWWA and SSPC specifications; some meet zero VOC requirements. SUEZ washouts and recoats are performed in compliance with all applicable OSHA safety regulations including lead abatement and containment. As an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Certified company, we continuously strive to improve our operational efficiency to exceed customer expectations.
Value of SUEZ Potable Water Storage Tank Condition Assessment and Cleaning Services:
- EXTENDS tank service life: Whether a tank is steel or concrete, tank surfaces are inherently prone to corrosion and structural weakening. Potable water storage tank cleaning, inspection and maintenance is essential to safeguard public health and to maximize municipal return on investment.
- IMPROVES water quality: Sediment build-up can accumulate at the bottom of water tanks, especially flat-bottomed cylindrical tanks. Sediment—measured in inches or feet—form a barrier to the chlorinated water above and provide an area in which bacteria and other pathogens may thrive. Regular water tank cleaning services can prevent this.
- FACILITATES regulatory compliance: In addition to state and federal regulations governing the quality of drinking water, many states have laws specifying the frequency and extent of water storage tank cleaning and the certification required of water storage tank cleaning companies.
- REDUCES operation and maintenance costs: Managing assets with scheduled, predictable maintenance is always preferable to unplanned maintenance or replacement. This is particularly true with massive water tanks, which, when extensive repairs or even replacement are required, force you to take a segment of your water distribution network offline for a protracted period of time.
Contact us to learn more about our potable water storage tank condition assessment and cleaning directly from a representative.