SIPP Pipe Lining Repair
Rehabilitate without trenches aging underground situ pipes with minimal costs and system downtime
Cleaning and repairing deteriorated water or sewer pipelines helps improve system efficiency and protects both your community and the environment. The task can be daunting and expensive especially when excavation is required.
SUEZ provides an innovative spray in place pipe lining rehabilitation (SIPP) process that scrubs underground pipes clean before applying an epoxy lining for in-situ pipe repair. Designed by Warren Environmental, the 2-part component epoxy material is ANSI/NSF Standard 61 approved for potable water supply. Once cured, the epoxy lining provides long-lasting protection to your sewer or water pipes, which helps reduce the frequency of maintenance and pipe replacement. This trenchless technology rehabilitation technology minimizes maintenance costs, and system down-time.
How Does SUEZ’ SIPP Pipe Lining Technology Work?
SUEZ’ spray in place pipe rehabilitation process consists of four steps:
- Agree with the utility on the access point location; then dig an access pit one foot below the host pipe. A three-foot section of the host pipe is removed to allow access to the relining equipment. Confirm the section of pipe to be restored utilizing closed-circuit television (CCTV).
- Preparation of the pipe interior by drag scraping, and/or hydro-jetting to create a clean, smooth dry surface.
- A second CCTV inspection follows to determine if there are any leaks, infiltration or repairs that are needed outside of the SIPP scope of work. Any repairs needed to address current piping issues are undertaken without the need for additional excavation, and to ensure that the pipe is properly prepared for the epoxy coating.
- The epoxy coating is then applied and, once cured, we do a final CCTV to make sure the lining is correct. We reassemble the sections of pipe that were removed at the access points. The utility proceeds with the chlorination/disinfection before system restoration.
Once cured, the spray-applied epoxy pipe lining creates an internal seal that prevents leaks and helps protect against future corrosion and biological buildup in your water main. This extends the pipes’ service life, helps reduce the frequency of maintenance, and increases the flow capacity for greater system efficiency.
SIPP pipe lining rehabilitation technology can yield an estimated cost saving of around 40% when compared to direct replacement, which is the process of digging up the entire length of the pipe that needs attention and replacing it all. Another benefit that transcends cost: the ability to minimize inconvenience to consumers by relining water pipes rather than digging them up and replacing them. With our temporary water offering, water could be provided without interruption to your customers, throughout the spray-in-place process.
Value of SUEZ Spray-in-Place Pipe Repair & Relining Solutions:
- Extends service life of water or sewer pipelines
- Reduces frequency of maintenance, minimizes repair costs and system down-time
- Enhances flow capacity and system efficiency
- Prevents leaks and water contamination
- Protects against future corrosion and degradation
Contact us to learn more about our pipe relining solutions directly from a representative.