Industrial composting, also known as commercial composting, is large-scale composting that handles high volumes of organic waste. It may collect yard waste from nurseries and landscaping companies and food waste from food processors. Typically, commercial composting uses one of three methods to encourage the growth of microorganisms which raise the temperature inside the compost pile and break down the organic matter over time:
- Windrow composting, which arranges compost into long rows, often towering eight feet wide and up to 16 feet wide;
- Static piling, which stacks compost in loose layers and uses pipes to blow air in from beneath the pile (oxygen is needed for the decomposition process); and
- In-vessel composting, which uses anaerobic decomposition within hermetically sealed containers.
SUEZ is committed to the daily challenge of protecting the earth’s precious resources and ecosystems. We provide innovative commercial waste recovery and recycling solutions to businesses, providing unmatched expertise in some of the most complex recycling and solid waste systems.
Waste recovery and recycling services are part of a circular economy in which waste material is used as an input to create new products. Such services have multiple, interconnected benefits.
- Less waste is buried in landfills.
- Recovered resources reduce the need for raw materials used in manufacturing.
- This circular use of resources encourages the design and use of materials and products that will later be recovered and recycled.
- The use of recovered and recycled materials slows environmental degradation.
SUEZ-managed facilities are considered the most advanced in the world. We are able to:
- Remove and recover recyclables.
- Send non-hazardous organic waste to be composted and hazardous organics to be neutralized or destroyed.
- Chemically and physically render inorganic liquids non-hazardous and store in a safe and monitored environment.
Commercial Waste Management Concerns
Industrial Waste Recycling Policies and Regulations
Lack of Employee Training
SUEZ is an expert in different waste recovery and recycling methods tailored to support your business’ unique needs and meet the many challenges posed by materials and their conditions for reuse. Our sorting centers and waste recovery platforms use the latest technology to treat a wide variety of hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams, including:
- Ferrous/non-ferrous metals
- Waste electric and electronic equipment
- Infectious clinical waste and more.
In addition, we provide expertise in specialized “downstream” channels and sales networks for recovered waste. We have the expertise to ensure contamination rates are compliant with the latest regulations, and our network of dedicated experts can help maximize performance of industrial recycling programs.