Areas of responsibility include 1) Environmental Health and Safety; 2) Strategic management of the operation, maintenance and repair of treatment plant and collections system equipment in accordance with the Service Agreements; 3) Workforce development and management of departmental managers, supervisors and union or non-union workforce; 4) Relationship with the clients, client staff, and other stakeholders; 5) Community outreach and Community Involvement to promote the company brand and; 6) Preparation of annual operating budgets, forecasting and monthly financial reporting. The Project Manager will also ensure compliance to all regulating agencies including environmental, reporting, and water quality.
- Excellent working knowledge in wastewater treatment methods, collection system operations and maintenance, utility accounting and financial statements, customer service and engineering principles as related to wastewater treatment and collection system facilities.
- Excellent leadership and managerial abilities and a strong aptitude for planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning and evaluating the work of subordinates.
- Ability to develop, organize, and manage records and reports pertinent to the activities supervised.
- Considerable knowledge of effective supervisory methods and practices including team-building and conflict management.
- Good understanding of business financial methods and practices, ability to develop budgets, analyze financial reports and implement budgetary controls.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of wastewater or water treatment plant operations.
- Contract Management / Client Relations
External corporate relations
Direct interactions with clients & customers
Standard state treatment, distribution, or collections license
High School Diploma
Valid Driver’s license
10+ years of experience in a treatment facility
Key skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer proficiency. Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications is required.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety standards and precautions pertaining to utilities operations and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to organize, implement, and effectively manage health and safety and training programs for employees engaged in utilities operation and maintenance work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the ability to effectively manage small to medium size construction and capital replacement projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with other employees, subordinates, the client and other public groups.
Possibilities for personal development
- Area Manager