- Summarize pertinent regulatory standards.
- Prepare long-term water demand forecasts.
- Prepare facility condition assessments to identify improvement plans.
- Perform and/or supervise transmission and distribution system assessments including water main replacement/renewal assessments, storage needs, fire flow needs, etc.
- Evaluate water supply needs relative to permitted allocations and use typical engineering economic techniques to recommend alternatives.
- Prepare master plan reports for various Business Units.
- Prepare testimony for rate case support.
- Establish project budget and cost to develop master plans.
- Support new business opportunities, including master planning for water and wastewater system acquisitions or new O&M contracts.
- Support implementation of Department strategies, including standardization of processes, procedures, and designs. Coordinate the alignment of Utility, Environmental Services, and Corporate Initiatives into consistent master planning methodology.
- Position requires the knowledge of project development and delivery processes, project design and construction, and professional engineering procedures. Position will apply experience and skills to support new business opportunities, where appropriate.
External corporate relations
PE or EIT Licenses
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or similar field preferred
5+ years’ Communications or Community Relations experience
Key skills required
- Computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Experience doing spatial analysis using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience with hydraulic modeling of water and wastewater networks.
- Experience with coordinating and performing facility condition assessments.
- Excellent problem-solving, quantitative & analytical skills.
- Superior project management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Possibilities for personal development
- Operations Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Engineering Director