Under the general direction of Chief Plant Operator, responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance and repair of the wastewater/water treatment plant equipment, pump stations and performs related work as required.
- Operates the Control Room Board
- Operates valves, pumps, and gates manually through local control center.
- Maintains facilities, office building, vehicles, equipment and pump stations for the wastewater operation.
- Observes variations in operating conditions, records meter, sensor and gauge readings.
- Performs routine in-plant lab sampling and analysis; conducts inspections and collects samples for system operations.
- Monitors and adjusts chemical feed rates as directed.
- Changes-out and/or replenishes process chemical supplies as necessary.
- Performs maintenance, and repair work as necessary.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of wastewater or water treatment plant operations.
External corporate relations
Depending on location the position may have direct interaction with customers.
Standard state treatment, distribution, or collections license
High School Diploma
Valid Driver’s license
0-4 years of experience in a treatment facility
Knowledge of treatment processes and practices
Key skills required
- Available for stand-by duty and emergencies as needed.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals and/or SOPs.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as chemical dosing, flow calculations, pipe or tank capacity.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and factual variables.
Possibilities for personal development