The Director, working in coordination with sales and operations teams, will lead technical due diligence on new municipal O&M, DBO and concession contract operations opportunities; renewal activities with existing clients; recommend technical approaches and costs for these opportunities.
- Involved in the processes that develop, evaluate and recommend service solutions for customers that promote opportunities for business growth through Public-Private Partnerships, operations & maintenance contracts, and service delivery.
- Coordinates or supports the gathering, analysis and interpretation of data for evaluation of opportunities within company guidelines to achieve corporate objectives.
- Participate in preparing proposals from a technical stand point for the above mentioned opportunities
- Provides cost estimating and proposal writing for project offerings.
- Responds to requests for proposals and requests for qualification.
- Conduct client education and informational meetings.
- Understands SUEZ product offerings and competitive advantages and is able to articulate the benefits to target client stakeholders.
- Promote the sales and coordinate the execution of ASAs in ES with a target in terms of EBIT generated.
- May be required to manage or support proposal activities, including technical analyses for the evaluation of opportunities, and negotiating and closing new contracts.
- Develop and distribute monthly report of activities in cooperation with FP&A staff.
- Maintain coordination on Environmental Service capex (budget, resource allocation, etc.)
- Assist and/or lead due diligence on opportunities of new O&M or DBO contracts, smart cities or other “complex” offerings
- Bring technical assistance on renewals
- Bring support to the development of new offerings
- The Director leads complex capital projects as well as serves as a proposal manager when ensuring opportunities are carefully assessed and well–delivered.
External corporate relations
High School Diploma
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering
10+ years’ Civil or Environmental Engineering experience
Civil Engineering best practices
Key skills required
- Ability to develop and submit complex proposals to municipal and other government organizations.
- Strong proposal development/team coordination skills.
- Excellent negotiating, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player and ability to organize and lead a team of peers.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Good computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable as a team member or individual contributor
- Focus on achievement of objectives
- Strong engineering and project management experience.
Possibilities for personal development
- Vice President of Engineering
- Director of Operations
- Regional Vice President
- Regional Director