This position is responsible for researching requirements, developing submittals, and tracking projects primarily in the Bid Department for all lines of business.
- Coordinate closely with the Project Managers and Director’s to develop, submit and track required submittals to perform work.
- Assist the Engineers in the Bid Work Department to identify qualified subcontractors needed to complete bid estimates.
- Estimate job costs for bidding purposes.
- Project management
- Develop project submittals as required to complete bid work contracts.
- Work closely with the Lines of Business Product Managers to investigate permitting, licensing, and submittal requirements for work location and project.
- Entry level engineering role
External corporate relations
Direct interactions with clients & customers
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or similar field preferred
0-2+ years’ Engineering experience
Engineering best practices
Key skills required
- Computer Skills – Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Basic Skills in AutoCAD
- Multitasking - Ability to successfully work on multiple, complex tasks
- Problem solving – complex and multi-dimensional issues
- Interpersonal skills – all levels within organization as well as customers, vendors, civic leaders, government agencies
- Communications skills – Ability to convey message/training clearly and precisely
Possibilities for personal development
- Engineer 2
- Engineering Manager
- Project Manager