- Assisting a Senior Project Engineer with the implementation of major capital projects.
- Manage small and medium size projects under the direction and supervision of SUEZ’s professional engineers.
- Coordinates with corporate master planning department to assure the focus of capital project planning meets medium and long term needs of the operations.
- Assist with the Distribution System Improvements Charge (DSIC) program.
- Provide support to the Director of Engineering and the Rate Department as needed during the preparation of the rate case filling as well as responding to the rate case interrogatories.
- Assist in operating the hydraulic models with the Engineering Department.
- Assist engineers in developing analysis and reports to be provided to regulators, internal or external customers as required.
- Prepare various capital budgeting reports, including monthly forecasts, monthly in-servicing reports, and annual capital budgets.
- Prepare preliminary, engineering, and detailed cost estimates.
- Manage several small to mid-sized projects simultaneously from design oversight through management of construction, including RFP preparation, bidding, and project management.
- Prepare bid specifications and coordinate contractor bidding.
- Develops, operates, and maintains geographic information system as required.
- Incumbent plays critical role for development and implementation of SUEZ environment, health and safety (EHSS), and industrial risk programs & policies.
External corporate relations
PE or EIT Licenses preferred
High School Diploma
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering
0-4 years’ Civil or Environmental Engineering experience
Key skills required
- Possesses broad knowledge of multiple processes and/or engineering disciplines, augmented with good experience and seasoning, to the point where they can address the most complex projects or address the most complex challenges, such as leading a response to an emergency. May propose capital projects, or identify other work that will benefit SUEZ and/or a customer, based on their expertise in one or more areas.
- Experience in managing water and wastewater infrastructure new and replacement projects.
- Hydraulic modeling basic experience.
- Basic experience as an Engineer for water main extension projects including: service to new developments, main cleaning and lining projects, new and replacement transmission and distribution main projects, ranging in complexity and size.
- Experience in managing and adhering to project budgets and schedules.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Extensive Knowledge of MS Office, and AutoCAD. Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are a must. ESRI/GIS experience is a plus.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Excellent time-management skills to be able to prioritize competing tasks.
Possibilities for personal development
- Project Engineer
- Project Manager