Director, Business Development
- Create a pipeline of business opportunities by evaluating and identifying business leads and targets within the region.
- Business opportunities for this region include SUEZ’s business model as well as acquisitions of mid-sized utilities and management and operational services that can be provided from nearby operations (ex. customer service, wholesale water, etc.).
- Promote SUEZ’s expertise using our portfolio of businesses to expand our footprint by adding services and customers.
- Create these opportunities by visiting clients, identifying their needs and developing SUEZ’s value proposition.
- Work closely with senior members of the Corporate Development team as well as senior persons from operating segments, legal, communications, HR and other SUEZ departments to develop differentiated value proposition.
- Organizes due diligence team to prepare preliminary and final offer.
- Presents these opportunities to the Corporate Development team as well the Segment and Corporate Committees to obtain their approvals to submit the offer.
- Make these offers to clients. Work to execute and close the contract as well as to obtain any necessary external approvals.
- Continually improves the business development processes within the Company to better identify specific client needs.
- Ensures the compliance of business development practices with the directives of Suez.
- Assist other Business Development directors to secure opportunities in their regions, if the need arises.
- Alert Corporate Development management in the case of extraordinary events, new risks, opportunities and requirements.
- Use the synergies of the SUEZ Group to increase our profitability and capital performance.
- Promotes the image of SUEZ.
- The position has a key responsibility for obtaining new contracts for SUEZ
External corporate relations
Project Management Training
High School Diploma
Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field
10+ years’ Business Development experience
Key skills required
- Excellent marketing and client relations skills.
- Thorough understanding of sales process and strategy.
- Excellent ability to express himself/herself orally and in writing.
- Can articulate complex utility issues to non-technical or legal clients.
- Ability to originate ideas, comprehend complex concepts and go beyond traditional thinking.
- Understands business development, possesses ability to synthesize diverse, even contradictory, pieces of information into an integrated picture.
- Ability to process technical, legal and financial information to arrive at an attractive business proposition.
- Understands politics, related businesses, and can apply best practices from the same.
- Professional poise and excellent presentation skills.
- Team Player.
- Self-reliant and able to adapt to change.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability.
Possibilities for personal development
- VP, Business Development
- General Manager
- Regional Manager
- Regional Director