Collection Systems Operator
Performs work involving the operation and maintenance of the wastewater collection system, storm drainage system, and CSO facilities. Relies upon instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform functions of the job.
- Provides day to day monitoring of collections systems.
- Operates and maintains equipment associated with the collections systems.
- When necessary, checks and monitors barricades, ditches, and other repair work performed in the collection system.
- Responds to customer complaints, investigates and clears blockages when appropriate.
- Keeps general area clean as well as keeping equipment and machinery clean and greased as necessary.
- Performs tasks involved in the upkeep of structures and grounds.
- Uses various hand tools and power tools.
- Performs minor maintenance activities.
- Performs related work as required.
- Operates and maintains a collections network
External corporate relations
Direct interactions with customers
Standard state collections license
High School Diploma
Valid Driver’s license
1+ years of experience in a collections role
Knowledge of collections processes and practices
Key skills required
- Must have the ability to maintain effective working relations with supervisors, other employees, and the general public.
- Grade I Collection System Operators Certificate preferred.
- CDL preferred.
Possibilities for personal development
- Assistant Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Operations Supervisor