Assistant Project Manager
Under the direction of the Project Manager plans, organizes, directs, trains and supervises the staff of the water, wastewater treatment system operators and maintenance technicians in the safe and cost effective operation of the water or wastewater systems.
- Directs and controls routine operations of the water and/or wastewater facility.
- Manages completion and tracking of all contract and compliance deliverables, particularly regulatory reporting.
- Interprets and implements policies and procedures as determined by the project manager.
- Makes operational decisions within established guidelines.
- Reviews laboratory procedures and results, recommends procedural changes based on those results, and performs laboratory work as necessary.
- Assesses emergency and problem situations, recommends alternative solutions and implements corrective measures as directed by the project manager.
- Conducts training and safety programs.
- Teams range from 2-50
- Contract Management / Client Relations
External corporate relations
High School Diploma
Valid Driver’s license
5-7+ years of experience in a treatment facility
Knowledge of treatment processes and practices
Key skills required
- Prepares routine reports and maintains ongoing process records.
- Provides input to develop project budget.
- Prepares bid specifications for purchasing as requested by project manager.
- Monitors EPA waste program pre¬ treatment standards.
- Counsels employees regarding work-related problems and seeks solutions. Interacts with Union Steward if applicable.
- Attends meeting and maintains effective communication with the general public as a division representative.
Possibilities for personal development
- Project Manager
- Area Manager