- Responsible for the following areas a) Accounts Payable Department
- For the areas indicated above, duties include:
a) Consistent review for new processes to increase efficiency and accuracy through procedures and/or system improvements
b) Maintain accuracy through use of internal controls and reporting (including use of system report writer).
c) Insure procedure manuals are developed and maintained
i) Work with IT department in ongoing research of any new system software features, enhancement files, patches and upgrades including related testing
ii) Initiate IT Service Requests to for any modifications and or customizations needed and coordinate final testing of the SR
iii) Maintenance of Application Test Scripts to insure all areas of testing are covered
iv) Assist Users on troubleshooting and resolve (if possible) system issues that are not resolved by the Help Desk
- General Ledger/Other
a) Month-end specified functions
b) Interface with internal and external auditors as needed
c) Review financial reports for operating segments prior to distribution
d) Review and approve journal entries, account reconciliations and bank reconciliations
e) Provide actual data, as requested, for budgeting/estimating
- Backup for Assistant Controller GL/AR.
- Assistance on any other projects as delegated by the Senior Director of Accounting and Treasury
b) Cash Projections
e) Fixed Assets
- Primarily focused on managing the configuration of Oracle E-Business Suite to meet the goals and strategies of the business.
External corporate relations
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field preferred
10+ years’ Experience in Accounting or Finance with 5+ years in a leadership function
Key skills required
- Skills and attributes required for this position include leadership, problem solving, interpersonal, communications, planning, and team participation skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
Possibilities for personal development